While working in the kitchen, you must be wondering how to clean stainless steel. Appliances and cookware made from stainless steel make a kitchen feel luxurious. On the other hand, the material also gets dirty easily! In my today’s post, I will discuss how to clean stainless steel items naturally. You don’t always need a fancy cleaner to clean stainless steel. Just grab some household ingredients like vinegar, mineral oil, baking soda, and more. These ingredients remove all dirt and grime in no time. You can keep on reading to find out how to clean stainless steel covered with dirt.
How To Clean Stainless Steel?
Using the following ingredients, you can easily learn how to clean stainless steel quickly.
- By Using White Vinegar
- By Using Lemon
- By Using Baking Soda
- By Using Liquid Dish Soap
The best way to clean stainless steel without using harsh chemical cleaning products is using baking soda and dish soap. You can also use white vinegar and club soda to clean different stainless steel appliances and cookware. Keep on reading further to learn how to clean stainless steel appliances naturally.
Clean Stainless Steel Using White Vinegar
Most appliances in a kitchen are made up of stainless steel. This includes a refrigerator, oven, gas stove, and dishwashers. Dust and grime ruin your appliance if you don’t clean it on time.
Follow these steps to know how to clean stainless steel appliances using white vinegar.
- In a clean spray bottle, pour a little amount of white vinegar.
- Spray vinegar directly on your stainless steel appliance.
- Using a clean microfiber cloth, wipe it out.
- Once done, dip one corner of the same cloth into a small amount of olive oil.
- Now, rub this cloth onto the dirt.
- Wipe off any excess oil residue once you’re done.
Olive oil will help you to add some shine to your appliance. It also helps to remove any streaks, marks, or fingerprints. However, you can use the same procedure to learn how to clean stainless steel stoves.
Clean Stainless Steel Using Lemon
Cleaning the kitchen sink to bring back its original shine is a tough task! But it’s actually easier than you think. Follow these steps to know how to clean stainless steel sink using lemon.
- Let us first empty the sink entirely.
- Then, thoroughly rinse the sink with hot water.
- When the sink is damp, sprinkle some baking soda.
- Cover the entire sink surface with a thin layer of baking soda.
- Using a wet sponge, scrub the sink with the baking soda.
- Sprinkle some water to form a baking soda paste.
- Now, cut a lemon into two halves.
- Once again scrub the sink with baking soda paste using lemons.
- Then, rinse away the baking soda paste and lemon juice with water.
- Spray some vinegar inside the sink using a spray bottle.
- Buff the vinegar in the sink using a clean cloth.
- Pour some olive oil onto a dry cloth and rub it onto the sink.
- Wipe off any excess oil residue with a paper towel.
Here, vinegar works as a natural disinfectant and water stain remover. While olive oil will give a nice shine to the stainless steel sink.
Let us now check out how to clean stainless steel cookware.
Clean Stainless Steel Utensils Using Baking Soda
Stainless steel utensils like pans and pots are a powerhouse addition to your kitchen. But if you don’t take proper care of them, they can quickly acquire burn marks. You can follow these steps to know how to clean stainless steel pans.
- Fill the stainless steel pan with water and put it on the stove.
- Then, add one cup of vinegar to it.
- Bring the vinegar solution to a boil.
- Once it reaches its boiling point, remove the pan from the heat.
- Now, add two tablespoons of baking soda to it.
- Make sure you briefly mix both ingredients well together.
- After a while, empty the pan.
- Using a non-abrasive sponge, get rid of any leftover residue.
If you want to remove burnt food, then you can add a bit of dish soap. You can also use club soda instead of vinegar. This will ensure the stuck-on food is completely removed. You can follow the same procedure to clean other stainless steel utensils.
Clean Stainless Steel Jewelry Using Liquid Dish Soap
Stainless steel jewelry is an affordable jewelry metal due to its durability. They are also corrosion-resistant as compared to other jewelry metals. You must know how to clean them to maintain their shine.
Follow these steps to learn how to clean stainless steel jewelry.
- Into a small bowl, add 2 to 3 drops of mild dish soap.
- Dip one corner of microfiber cloth into the water and soap mixture.
- Now, gently rub this wet cloth all over the jewelry.
- You can use a soft-bristle toothbrush to remove any excess grime.
- Dip the other corner of the microfiber cloth into a bowl of clean water.
- Wipe off any soap residue completely.
- Lastly, polish the item using a jewelry polishing cloth.
You can also use baking soda or toothpaste when it comes to delicate jewelry items like watches. And make sure you completely dry your stainless steel jewelry items.
Tips To Remember While Cleaning Stainless Steel
There are a few things you need to keep in your mind while cleaning stainless steel items.
- Never use scouring powders, steel wool, bleach, or ammonia on your steel appliances.
- Avoid wiping your stainless steel appliances in a circular motion.
- Make sure you keep your stainless steel appliances air-dry.
- Always use a clean microfiber cloth to prevent stains and minimize streaks appearance.
- Avoid using hard water in kitchen sinks as leaves spots and streaks due to calcium.
Learn more about similar topics like these on Clynerr
What Is The Best Way To Clean Stainless Steel?
Stainless Steel Cleaning Tips
Option 1: Dip a soft microfiber cloth in a mixture of warm water and mild dish detergent. Use a detergent with degreasing properties. Wipe the surface along the grain of the metal and wipe dry with a separate dishcloth to prevent any water spots.
How Do You Make Stainless Steel Shiny Again?
Olive oil or any mineral oil can refurbish your stainless steel appliances to look as good as new. So grab some olive oil from your pantry, and start buffing a small amount in the direction of the grain of the stainless steel. After this easy hack, your kitchen appliances will shine like new.
How Do You Make Stainless Steel Look Good Again?
Stainless steel is prone to tarnishing and water marks, so polish your steel items regularly to restore its shine. You can polish the surface of stainless steel using water, non-toxic cleaners like vinegar or olive oil, or a specialized steel cleaner.
What Is The Best Natural Cleaner For Stainless Steel?
What are the best natural stainless steel cleaning products?
- Vinegar. Vinegar is safe to use on stainless steel and helps remove oil and grime.
- Dish soap. Mild, natural dish soap is non-abrasive and cuts through grease and grime with ease.
- Baking soda. Baking soda is a powerful all-purpose cleaner.
- Microfiber cloths.
Does Vinegar Damage Stainless Steel?
Vinegar is safe to use on stainless steel and helps remove oil and grime. Fill a reusable spray bottle with a combination of 1:1 white vinegar and water. Spritz it on, and wipe it off — no need to rinse!
How Do You Clean Stainless Steel Without Damaging It?
Dampen your microfiber cloth with vinegar and rub with the grain to remove dirt, grease, and grime. Let the vinegar dry and dampen the other microfiber cloth with olive oil. Work the oil by rubbing with the grain. This simple procedure will clean, protect and shine your stainless steel quickly and easily.
By reading my above post, you’ve understood how to clean different stainless steel items at home. The most inexpensive method to clean kitchen appliances like a fridge or microwave oven is using white vinegar. White vinegar contains 5% acetic acid. It also has antimicrobial properties which work great to remove grease and grime. For delicate items like stainless steel jewelry, you can use liquid dish soap or baking soda. Both ingredients work super fast and give a clean, polished look in minutes. You can now easily make any stainless steel item look modern and sleek by learning how to clean stainless steel.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit FactorsWeb
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit FeatureBuddies
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit FeedAtlas
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit FilmyViral
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit FinanceNInsurance